We have a swarm developing under the eves of our home, about 30 feet up. It just started today and at this point it appears there are only 100 bees or so. Should we just wait it out a couple of days to see if the swarm increases or goes away? I've never had to deal with a swam before.
If they don't like heat (the swarm/hive will be in full sun in an hour or so) then I'd imagine they'll go away as this side of our home gets awfully hot in the afternoon. It wouldn't be a good place for honey creation.
I have a swarm in a basketball-sized hive under the eaves of my house, roughly 18' off the ground but over a mildly sloping gravel driveway section (should be easy to get to on a ladder or on the top of a truck). I am on Mt Scott just outside of Portland. Anyone interested in them? I need to get rid of it quickly though, I am VERY allergic to bee stings.